Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome Back!

Wow!  After that extra long winter break, it was hard to get back in the swing of things!  Sorry I've been so delayed in posting!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and new year!   2013 ended on a great note but I am very happy to be starting 2014!

Although this week was shortened, we still were able to cram everything in!  The students have worked VERY hard to make this happen!  I went over the spelling tests quickly (they're not 100% graded yet) and saw that ALL the students got a 10/10 on their required weekly words!  All I have to say about that is...

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is the first time we have ever accomplished this and it was on a very shortened week!  Needless to say, I am very impressed and will be rewarding them in some way next week.  Maybe we can try to keep this going for weeks to come!

In Math, we just started Topic 9, which is all about number order.  The students have caught on quickly and are showing great confidence in their skills.  Topic 9 is a shorter unit.  We are finishing it up next week with a quiz and the test the following week.

Next week we are starting a 2 week unit on solids and liquids in Science.  Weather permitting, I would love to go outside to do some snow collecting for a little water cycle experiment!  We will learn about the 3 states of matter, sinking and floating, magnetism and the water cycle. It's a fun unit the students really enjoy!

The end of the quarter is quickly approaching.  I have begun testing students on their reading levels, so if you don't see guided reading books coming home, that's why.

That's all for now!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ms. Petrucci

No comments:

Post a Comment