Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day

We had a fun week in room 7 getting ready to celebrate Mother's Day.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend celebrating the most important ladies.... MOMS!  I know I owe a lot to my mom and I am very lucky that all my students have such great moms in their lives.  Enjoy the day ladies (don't worry Dads, your day will be here soon!)  You all deserve it!  I hope you enjoy the gift your child made you.  I thought they were very sentimental and cute.  They were incredibly excited to make it and give it to you all!  I hope you cherish it forever and ever!

This week went by pretty fast!  We were finishing up some testing and now we can officially say WE ARE DONE WITH STANDARDIZED TESTING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!  YAHOOOOO!

We read the story "Frog and Toad All Year" for Reading and we focused on the comprehension skill of cause and effect.  The students came up with some great scenarios and examples (some of them may have been from their own experiences ;)).  I heard a lot of "The cause is having a messy room after playing..." with various effects.  They had a great time comparing different cause/effect situations.

In math we are finishing up our very short fraction unit.  They are just getting a little taste of fractions and getting exposed to words like "halves" and "quarters".  This will give them a little background knowledge as they dive deeper into fractions in the upper grades.  Once we finish that, we will be Stepping Up to Second Grade to give them a little taste of what's to come next year.

We are still studying organisms in Science and will dive into Animal Families next week!  I have some fun writing projects planned and I can't wait to see what they come up with!

There's lots of fun coming up in the next few weeks of school!  I can't believe the entire year has already gone by!  I hope you all have an amazing weekend!  I'll see some of you on Monday for our Nature Center Field Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment