Friday, October 10, 2014

This week in 1st Grade…

Reading:

This week we read “ Todd's Box." In this story Todd is very excited about things he finds on a walk to the bus. At the end he gives his mother a box full of everything he collected. We had our "Box" presentations today and the kids loved it! We will continue presenting on Tuesday. If your child forgot their box please have them bring it on Tuesday. Today we independently read the story at our desks before taking our reading test, and everyone did well.

For grammar this week we focused on asking sentences. The students enjoyed sharing asking sentences of their own with the class. Ms. Petrucci and I are very impressed with all of the bats the students have been bringing in for the Going “Batty” for Books! reading incentive program. Every book read earns the students 1 bat and 10 bats equals a prize from Ms. Petrucci’s prize box! 

Spelling:

We took our spelling test today and everyone did great! The students practice their spelling words on their white boards whenever they have down time in class.Thank you for practicing with them at home and making sure that they complete their weekly spelling homework!

Math:

This week we continued Topic 5, had our test on Thursday, and began Topic 1. The students all did well on their Topic 5 test. 

Social Studies:

This week I read many books about family and neighbors to the students. We also talked about people and places we see in the Itasca community. 

This week we earned 5 classroom brownie points for being respectful and working hard in class. 
Today is my last day student teaching at Benson Primary. After my next placement I plan on visiting! Your children are very lucky to have Ms. Petrucci as their teacher. She has taught me so many things that I will forever cherish as an educator. Your children have taught me so many things as well. I hope they enjoy the gift I sent home with them!

Have a great weekend! 

Ms. Pagano :)

No comments:

Post a Comment